Betty Crocker Wannabe has MOVED! I am now blogging solely at A Simply Klassic Home. I am still sharing printables, party ideas, and other inspiration. It's much more streamlined and clean. I hope you will stop by and say follow along there! I have lots of ideas for new printables coming this holiday season!!

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Days of Summer - Day 8

Ok, so I'm not even a third of the way through this project that I decided to take on...I need to get out more!! Thank goodness I've got some vacation coming up - San Diego here we come!!

Another great thing about summer is all the cold things to eat and drink. We love making smoothies; it's Cooper's (and my) favorite breakfast treat. Pretty much our smoothies consist of: Fruit, Juice, Yogurt, Ice. I pretty much just use whatever flavors I have on hand.


This one is a Banana Orange Smoothie. The taste is reminiscent of Orange Julius (yummy!).

The recipe (amounts are approximate; I usually eyeball it):
1 cup of ice*
1/2 cup of OJ
1 Bananas
1/2 cup Vanilla Yogurt


 *If you use frozen fruit, you don't need the ice.

Put all ingredients in a blender and Blend and enjoy!



Jamba Juice and McDonald's have nothin' on Mama's homemade smoothies!!

What keeps you cool in the summer?

2 comments:

Stacie said...

That grin and those eyes... no wonder you can't fuss at him when he is getting into stuff!

Lisa said...

Thanks for the great idea. I agree about Mama's Homemade Smoothies - nothing can beat them. I make them 3-4 times a week for my family and usually always put baby spinach in them. The kids and hubby can't even tell.

Lisa
www.lisasrecipecards.blogspot.com