Betty Crocker Wannabe has MOVED! I am now blogging solely at A Simply Klassic Home. I am still sharing printables, party ideas, and other inspiration. It's much more streamlined and clean. I hope you will stop by and say follow along there! I have lots of ideas for new printables coming this holiday season!!

Saturday, July 31, 2010

New Inspiration for Homemade Artwork

I get tons of inspiration all over the web, but especially from blogs. I read a diverse variety of blogs about decorating, cooking & baking, mommyhood, adoption, infertility, photography and some written by friends. These are just a few of my favorites - take a look at my sidebar for some more great reads.

My most recent inspiration, was a post by Tara at Just Devine Style about some scripture printables that she made and used to decorate her mantel. I have been wanting to get some new artwork for my kitchen, and I love the written word as art, so after reading her idea, I decided to make my own!


I played around with some of my favorite scripture in Photoshop, found some great black frames that Rick made (too bad I only have 2), and voila! Beautiful new artwork for my kitchen!


It's simple and sweet just the way I envisioned it. I made an extra and gave it to a friend for her birthday, an idea I'm going to be tucking away and using again. For just the cost of a simple frame, you have a lovely and inexpensive gift.


Thanks, Tara, for the inspiration!

10 comments:

NorCalMom said...

They look really nice. Great idea for a gift!

Tara@JustDevineStyle said...

Kristin,
I love them. The font is really great. They turned out beautiful! The frames are so pretty too. Thanks for the shout out! xo
Tara

Heather @ 3 kids and lots of pigs said...

What a great idea. I will have to remember this come Christmas time.

Nesty Girl said...

That is a wonderful idea, and I agree with Heather, I'll be trying this out at Christmas for sure!

I'm visiting from Just Something I Whipped Up. Have a wonderful day!

The Undomestic Mom said...

cute!!!

Rachel said...

I LOVE these!! What a creative idea. I think I have gift ideas now!!

:)
Rachel

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Love them, thanks for sharing!

Rondell

Krista @ Craving Some Creativity said...

Love this! So easy and cute...Featured you today:)

One Cheap B*tch said...

This is so sweet! Coming over from Make it 4 Monday and I love the name of your blog!

Jeanine

Marty said...

OMGosh, how neat, and thrifty! This can be done for pennies=)) Good job!