Betty Crocker Wannabe has MOVED! I am now blogging solely at A Simply Klassic Home. I am still sharing printables, party ideas, and other inspiration. It's much more streamlined and clean. I hope you will stop by and say follow along there! I have lots of ideas for new printables coming this holiday season!!

Monday, December 13, 2010

Recently Heard At Our House...

I went to the salon the other day, just like I do every six weeks (I know, I know; but seriously, one of the very few things I do to treat myself) for my regular color and cut (wait, I don't color my hair. really, I don't).

Anyway, the woman before me was going to a fancy Christmas party and wanted a cute hairdo so my stylist, Linda, curled her hair in these big beautiful ringlets. It looked gorgeous and I was envious since I've always wanted curls in my straight as a board super fine hair.

Then later, when Linda was blow drying my hair, I said "think you could curl my hair like you did so-and-so's?" She said "Of course!"

So she did. After I saw it, I was wishing I had talked Rick into a date night that night, since all I was going to be doing was going home. What a shame!

When I walked through the door, the boys were on the couch. Cooper was excited that I was home, but when he jumped up to greet me, he stopped and started to laugh. Not just a little giggle, but big 'ol belly laughs.

"Mommy, you look funny!"

Way to pop that bubble, Coop.

Rick just kind of looked at me and said, "I've never seen you with curly hair before." I gave him the "stupid" look.

Two hours later we were sitting on the couch watching a movie, and Rick turns to me and says, "You know, it's kind of growing on me." I said, "The curly hair?" He said, "Yes, I just thought you should know."

Men.

Well, I LOVED the curls, so I managed to get a couple of Christmas pics in. What do you think?


Merry Christmas everyone!!

19 comments:

Kimberly said...

I think it looks great!

Jessie said...

I second that :)

closed said...

I think it looks great, I too have straight hair, however mine is thick and really long so curls dont stay in my hair...I think curls look elegant and classy...Love the pic of you and your lil one!

Tanya said...

I tried curls once and got a flat out, "Your hair looks weird" from hubby. They really don't get it. I think your hair looks cute!

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

BOYS! (big and little) they know just the "right" thing to say don't they, lol!! I think your curls look very pretty!! :)

Missy Salsa said...

Love it. You 2 look so sweet together :)

Adriana said...

I love your hair and the picture!

Jodi said...

What a cute picture, I love the curls. I wish my hair would take some curls, may just has a dumb wave that is very unmanageable!

Jodi

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

It looks great, Kristin! I don't think my husband has ever said the right thing when I've come home with a different hairstyle:)

NorCalMom said...

Your hair looks wonderful! Cute picture too!!

Anonymous said...

Ohhh la la!!! I love it!

Rachel said...

First of all, I LOVE the hair! ADORABLE!! This is a really cute picture!! :)

Second, you mentioned on my blog post you heard Dick Van Dyke read at Disneyland? I think I remember one of the first times you commented on my page, you mentioned seeing DVD in person. I've been jealous ever since!! :)

Third: I found that Sierra Mist Cranberry Splash drink at Kroger the other day. I'm going to try it out this weekend!! :)

Have a great day!!

:)
Rach

Sharon@Keen Inspirations said...

Beautiful curls and smiles...on both of you!!
I'm linking back to your Christmas TRee word Art today.
Stop by when you have a minute and see my finished one!
Thanks so much for sharing.

Kathryn said...

I love the curls and think they look great as does many of your female followers/

Its a guy thing...as they noticed any change in your style is a huge compliment (even if it was peels of laughter) or an off-handed compliment. In general, men don't not only notice changes, they actively ignore it, even if for the better.

Michelle said...

I used to get my curly hair permed.
Can you believe it? I did :)

I like your hair the way it is.

Merry Christmas!

Penelope said...

Your curlz match Cooper's!!!!

Kelli said...

Merry Christmas!!!!

John Hardy said...

It looked gorgeous and I was envious since I've always wanted curls in my straight as a board super fine hair. Now it's time to avail Chauffeur Service in Northwich" for more information.

John Hardy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.