Betty Crocker Wannabe has MOVED! I am now blogging solely at A Simply Klassic Home. I am still sharing printables, party ideas, and other inspiration. It's much more streamlined and clean. I hope you will stop by and say follow along there! I have lots of ideas for new printables coming this holiday season!!

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Chicken Stir Fry

I made another recipe from my favorite recipe website: Allrecipes. I love this site, because it lets me save recipes in a file, and there are comments from others who have tried the recipe, giving their modifications and suggestions, if any.

For this recipe, I simplified it by using microwavable, steamed veggies, instead of fresh. I also added a little more soy sauce. This is definitely going into the recipe files to use again (and again, and again!). My two year old loved it, and even asked for seconds. The man of course, being the pickier of the two, told me he wouldn't like it.

The conversation went something like this:

Him: "Honey, what did you cook tonight?" (He gets off work at 9 pm, so doesn't eat with us)
Me: "Chicken Stir-fry. It was really good, and Cooper loved it!"
Him: "Did I tell you I don't like stir-fry?"
Me: "Try it, you'll like it."
Him: "I don't like stir-fry."
Me: "Trust me."
Him: "Wow, this is really good!"
Me: "Duh!"

So, this dish won the approval of both the boy and the man. Try it, I bet your boys will like it too!

Chicken Stir-Fry with Noodles
3  boneless skinless chicken breast halves
3 tablespoons cornstarch
2-3 tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
3 tablespoons cooking oil, divided
1 cup water
1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
1 package Frozen Vegetables (Steam in the bag - Asian Medley)
1/2 lb Angel Hair or Spaghetti

1. Cut chicken into 1/2-in. strips; place in a resealable plastic bag. Add cornstarch and toss to coat. Combine soy sauce, ginger and garlic powder; add to bag and shake well.

2. Cook pasta according to package directions.

3. In a large skillet or wok, heat 2 tablespoons of oil; stir-fry chicken until no longer pink, about 3-5 minutes. While the chicken is cooking, steam the veggies in the microwave. Add the vegetables, water and bouillon to the chicken. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat and add the noodles. Add more soy sauce to taste.
 
Makes 3-4 servings.

0 comments: