Betty Crocker Wannabe has MOVED! I am now blogging solely at A Simply Klassic Home. I am still sharing printables, party ideas, and other inspiration. It's much more streamlined and clean. I hope you will stop by and say follow along there! I have lots of ideas for new printables coming this holiday season!!

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Italian Sausage & Tortellini Soup

There's nothing like a comforting bowl of soup when the weather starts to turn cool. Our weather has been pretty crazy for fall here in Southern California, but the cool nights are here.

Tonight was one of those "what do I have in the fridge?" kind of nights, so I came up with a new soup recipe, and it was delicious. I once again got "the look" when I took a picture of it, but hey, something this good, just begs to be shared!


Italian Sausage & Cheese Tortellini Soup
1 package mild Italian sausage links
1 24 oz package cheese tortellini (from Costco)
1 cup chopped onion
2 Tbsp minced garlic
8 cups chicken broth
1 can condensed tomato soup
1/2 can water
1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
1 Tbsp basil

Heat a large skillet and add sausage links with 1/2 cup water. Cover and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes, flip sausages and cook another 10 minutes. Remove from heat and slice links.

Heat soup pot and add two Tbsp olive oil. Saute onion until clear, add garlic and saute one minute. Add sausage, broth, soup, water and seasoning. Bring to a boil, turn down heat and simmer for 15 minutes.

Add tortellini and cook to package instructions.

Ladle into bowls, top with parmesan or mozzarella cheese and serve.

Linking to some of these parties.

8 comments:

Adriana said...

This looks so yummy, thanks for the recipe I can't wait to try it!

Susan said...

this sounds awesome and looks good too!
We'll have to try it :)
Susan

Poekitten said...

It looks yummy! My husband has gotten used to me taking pitures while I cook...he used to just laugh at me:)

Katie @ This Chick Cooks said...

I am loving your blog. This soup looks yummy. Meet your newest follower :)

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Sounds so yummy & looks even better. I definitely need to make this sometime. And you are right about the weather here in SoCal. Cool to Cold in the morning, warm to hot by noon & cool to cold again in the evening.

Val said...

I make a version of this and my kids love it. Yours looks super yummy. Great blog.

Mahmudul Hasan said...

A healthy yummy recipe.nice share.
Tortellini recipes

Mahmudul Hasan said...


This is one of my favorite dish.I'm always happy, when my mom gave this in front of me.
Tortellini recipes