Betty Crocker Wannabe has MOVED! I am now blogging solely at A Simply Klassic Home. I am still sharing printables, party ideas, and other inspiration. It's much more streamlined and clean. I hope you will stop by and say follow along there! I have lots of ideas for new printables coming this holiday season!!

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Homemade Egg (Mc)Muffin

I'm always looking for ways to make our morning routine go smoother, and breakfast seems to be the thing we never have time for. Soooo...drive-thru it is!

I LOVE McDonald's Egg McMuffins, but I also know that they aren't the healthiest thing we could be eating for breakfast (or the cheapest). So what to do when you want something quick and easy and inexpensive for breakfast? You make them at home! It's so easy...you cook the egg right in the microwave!

I first tried this recipe out on a Sunday morning. Rick called me at work the next day (on my cell) three times until I finally called him back. I asked him what was wrong. He said "How did you make that egg in the microwave?" Yup, that's why he called THREE times in FIVE minutes. I gave him the instructions, and could hear my boss laughing in the background. I told Rick my boss thought it was funny, so ten minutes later I got a text from him saying "I'm texting so your boss can't hear...but that was so cool!"

Try it for yourself.


Breakfast Sandwich
One whole wheat english muffin, toasted
One slice of cheese
One egg

Spray a coffee mug with cooking spray. Crack the egg in a coffee mug and scramble with a fork. Cover with a wet paper towel and microwave for about 40 seconds. Place the cheese slice on one side of the english muffin, top with the egg, and the other muffin half and enjoy! You could also add Canadian bacon, a sausage patty, or bacon...although those don't exactly make it "healthier."

23 comments:

A Vintage Vine said...

Kristin, We love egg mcmuffins, we do make them at home..I always scrabble a egg in the pan and of course it all falls out....your tip on using a coffee cup to cook it in is perfect! Thanks!

Polly said...

Who knew?!!? An egg in the microwave! Well, I'll be trying this one tomorrow....I love eggs!

Stacie said...

Can't wait to try that out!

Christy said...

Yummy! Sounds like a good pre-basketball and cheerleading breakfast for Saturday morning! Thanks for the inspiration!

Momma Button said...

I'm so going to do this tomorrow morning. Thanks soooo much for sharing!

Mrs. Lawley said...

that looks soooo yummy!! We will def be tryin it!! love your blog!!;)

Rachel said...

I might have to go by the grocery store tonight so I can make these tomorrow morning. YUM!!

I love that we are twins separated at birth (just off by a few years). It's almost scary how much we have in common!!

Hope you have a great weekend!

:)
Rach

Julie said...

This is one of our favorite breakfasts too, but I have never thought to cook the egg that way! I am a new follower and would love you to follow me back at thefarmgirlrecipes.blogspot.com. Thanks!!

The Farm Girl

Anonymous said...

That is so cool!!! I'll try it...just as soon as the smell doesn't make me gag. :)

And by the way, can I hire you to do another blog design for me? I am going to start a blog for my business and need a design.

Mila said...

Hello!!I´m from Brazil and I loved your blog!!!Kisses

DavePR said...

I've been heating up egg and cheese VitaSandwiches in the microwave for a couple weeks now, only 150 calories. This microwave egg looks really good too, can't wait to try!

Patti said...

I have to make these for my family...they will LOVE it! (who am I kidding..ILL love it!) Thank you for sharing this!
Patti

Unknown said...

I've done the egg cup (thanks to hungry girl) with egg white or egg beater, but it seriously stinks up the kitchen.. i'll have to try with a real egg!

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of cooking the egg in the cup. Can't wait to try it for myself. :-)

Arif Sarkar said...

Thanks for sharing this blog. This is really amazing information.

Arkon Web Solutions is one of the best web design services in belgaum. As stated we have the best in-house team to take complete responsibility of your Web designing services needs and that too in the best possible way with the use of latest technology.

Sara Christoffersen said...

Profile: https://www.intensedebate.com/people/AlfredAAndersen

Diploma Assignment Help said...

Great Blog
If you are looking for a thesis helper UK, then you have come to the right place. At Diploma Assignment Help, we have a team of experienced and qualified writers who can provide you with the best thesis help in the UK. Our writers are well-versed in all the major academic disciplines, so no matter what your topic is, we can provide you with the best quality thesis help.

Malaysia Translators said...

Nice post
Seeking professional Korean translators in Malaysia? Malaysia Translators is your go-to solution. With a team of native-speaking experts, we provide comprehensive translation services for Korean language projects. From documents to websites, our translators offer accurate and culturally sensitive translations. Visit our website to hire the best Korean translators in Malaysia.

Assignment Helper Malaysia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Assignment Helper Malaysia said...

I really like this post and highly appreciate your efforts!

AssignmentHelper.my is a reliable and efficient online platform that offers assistance to students who need someone to "take my online exam." With a team of qualified experts in various fields, this platform provides a seamless experience for students by taking their online exams on their behalf. By availing their services, students can focus on other important academic tasks while ensuring that their exams are handled with professionalism and accuracy.

Assignment Helper Malaysia said...

Step-by-Step Guide: Getting Started with Essay Helper in Malaysia
Embark on your academic journey in Malaysia with confidence using this detailed step-by-step guide to maximize the benefits of an Essay Helper.

Assignment Writing Service said...

This even sounds delicious, wonder how delicious will it taste. Greta blog.

professional, critical analysis help is here to make students' academic work transform to a whole new level by integrating insightful research and analysis in their work.

sopfiaa said...

Your post on Verified Answer Divorce in New York is an invaluable resource. The clarity and detail provided in your explanation make it easier to grasp this aspect of divorce proceedings. I appreciate your commitment to offering valuable information, making your blog a trusted source for those facing legal challenges in New York. Thank you!
Respuesta verificada Divorcio Nueva York