Betty Crocker Wannabe has MOVED! I am now blogging solely at A Simply Klassic Home. I am still sharing printables, party ideas, and other inspiration. It's much more streamlined and clean. I hope you will stop by and say follow along there! I have lots of ideas for new printables coming this holiday season!!

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Adoption - Fate or Chance?

I recently came across this article about Sandra Bullock.

In the article, Sandra, who adopted her son earlier this year, talks about what she believes about adoption. She says, "Everything works out the way the universe wants it to work out. We had always said that it didn't matter where the child came from. If they had issues that were medical issues, we didn't care. It's like the child that needed us in the home is the child that's going to be placed."

I've read conflicting things on this topic of fate in adoption. From everything happens for a reason, to life is a game of chance. Some believe that God placed these children in their lives, and vice versa, others wonder why a loving God would put a child in harm's way just so others could be parents.

While this is far too philisophical a topic for me to tackle, it did make me think.

So here's what I believe:
- I believe that God led me to adoption.
- I believe that the child who needed me at the time "found" me at the time I needed him.
- I believe that we were meant for each other.
- I believe that I could not love my son any more if it was "fate" or simply by chance that we were brought together.

What do YOU believe?

11 comments:

Cheryl D. said...

This is WAY too philosophical for me! What I do know is that adoptions, in general, have gotten far too hard and complicated in this country. It just seems crazy. I've know people who would be wonderful parents who either had to have legal battles for years until the adoption was truly final or had such a hard time with both the public and private roads until they just gave up. This is a shame since there are so many kids who need to be adopted and so many loving parents out there!

Camie at "Home is where they love you" said...

All I know is that our Heavenly Father loves all of his children and wants us all to be raised in a loving home. All of the children in my family were adopted...and I know that God had a hand in it. I think it all starts with prayer and if it's ment to be it will be. Thanks for sharing...you have a beautiful son.

Maxabella said...

I don't think it matters in the slightest. God or fate or chance or just sheer good luck - he's yours to love forever! x

Beverly {Flamingo Toes} said...

Hi I'm visiting from NFF.
I've enjoyed reading about you and your son - sounds like you found each other. And I definitely belive God brought you together.
I'm a new follower!

Adriana said...

I believe in God, so ultimately I believe that he guides us in the right direction (it's up to us to make the ultimate decision). I grew up with the two most loving parents in the world and not until I was 10 years old did I find out that my dad wasn't my biological father (not that it changed the way I felt about him)! I can't even begin to tell you how bad our life was before my dad came along and I don't blame God for the bad time in our life, I thank him for guiding my mom and my dad in the right (same) direction! Everyone has their own opinion, whether it's God, fate or chance doesn't really matter as long as a child gets a loving home!

Katie Sexton said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Hi,

I think adoption is simple. Its about having love for a child and wanting to share in their journey of life.

Im your newest follower. Have a great weekend.

http://rwriterjourney.blogspot.com/

Birdie said...

I found your blog from New Friend Friday and I'm your newest follower! :) I think that anytime love is found it is a good thing and I'm happy the two of you have each other's love. On an unrelated side note, I love the music on your site and spent way to much time just listening! <3 Birdie www.eclecticmommy.com

Carrie said...

My sister is an labour and delivery nurse. She delivered a baby that ended up becoming her adopted son. She calls that FATE!

Rachel said...

I believe that this is the cutest picture I've ever seen. God has blessed you with a wonderful son!!

:)
Rachel

Marianne said...

I found your blog while looking for someone to design mine. I would have to say that we have a lot in common. I have 2 boys. My first son is biological and number 2 is adopted. And yes, I believe that God meant for us to have this beautiful little boy in our life. He was meant to be part of my family and I am so grateful to have him. My boys are both angels sent down from heaven.

Smiles, Marianne