Betty Crocker Wannabe has MOVED! I am now blogging solely at A Simply Klassic Home. I am still sharing printables, party ideas, and other inspiration. It's much more streamlined and clean. I hope you will stop by and say follow along there! I have lots of ideas for new printables coming this holiday season!!

Monday, April 26, 2010

They Like Me! They Really Like Me!!

About a week ago, I stumbled upon the blog Life As We Know It With Two Twinkies and a Tater Tot. Heather had just posted about her invitation to enter a submission for Write For Charity, an organization that publishes stories, poetry, etc, to benefit children's charities. She was inviting others to send in submissions, and the deadline was midnight of that day.

I knew it was a long-shot, but I had just posted My Adoption Story and had some positive feedback, so I figured what the heck, I'll send it in.

Well, guess what?? I got an email a very unexpected email Saturday afternoon saying "Congratulations! On behalf of the Selections Committee, I am pleased to inform you that your work, (entitled A Journey of Faith – My Adoption Story), has been selected for the “Write for Charity” Anthology slated for release in May of this year."

Holy cow! Out of over 500 submissions, they chose my story to be one of 101 stories to be published in this book. I am so excited!!! The book is due to be released in May, and I'll let you know where to find me for my book signing! ;)

'Til next time...

Photobucket

3 comments:

Katie said...

That is awesome! Your story will bring such encouragment to so many women.

Lana said...

That is so exciting! What a great charity to be a part of.

NorCalMom said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting!