Betty Crocker Wannabe has MOVED! I am now blogging solely at A Simply Klassic Home. I am still sharing printables, party ideas, and other inspiration. It's much more streamlined and clean. I hope you will stop by and say follow along there! I have lots of ideas for new printables coming this holiday season!!

Sunday, April 18, 2010

This Week's Menu 4/19/10

I started menu planning for a few reasons:
1) I was tired of trying to plan a meal in my head on the way home from work.
2) To help me make my grocery list, thus saving me time in the store, and money from buying things we don't need.
3) Save time in the kitchen (creating more time with my son), by planning and preparing ahead of time.

So far, I'm doing pretty good, and I am much happier when I come home from work. Writing it down, and posting here, and on the wall at home, is helping tremendously to keep me on track. As for saving money, well, I'm trying to only buy what's on sale, but I still seem to be spending the same amount each week. I need to start working on that. It does, however, save me from falling into the trap of "there's nothing for dinner, let's go to McDonalds!"

Here's the plan for the coming week.

Monday: BBQ Beef Wraps (w/ Friday's leftover pot roast)
Tuesday: Oriental Style Chicken Noodle Soup
Wednesday: Robin's Chicken Enchiladas, refried beans
     *A recipe from my cousin, that is always a HUGE hit with everyone!
Thursday: Pizza Playdate - Kitchen closed
Friday: Spaghetti, Salad & bread
Saturday: Easy Night
Sunday: Chicken Kabobs; Veggie Pasta Salad
Dessert: Blueberry Upside Down Cake

Later this week, I will be posting recipes for Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies mostly this is for the pics, my famous Baked Beans and Crockpot Sweet & Sour Chicken.

2 comments:

NorCalMom said...

Your menu looks good this week. I would be like to know how you make the Oriental Style Chicken Soup. I love soup and am always open to some new recipes.

Kristin @ Yellow Bliss Road said...

I'll be sure and post it. I found it online somewhere. I think at "Eat At Home." I've never made it before, and I guess I should find the link and post that. I love soup. I'll have to post my hamburger soup recipe.