Betty Crocker Wannabe has MOVED! I am now blogging solely at A Simply Klassic Home. I am still sharing printables, party ideas, and other inspiration. It's much more streamlined and clean. I hope you will stop by and say follow along there! I have lots of ideas for new printables coming this holiday season!!

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

You Capture: Spring in Oma's Garden

My Oma (the sentiment for grandma in German) had the most beautiful gardens. They were her pride and joy, even winning her the accolade of one of the "most beautiful homes" in our city one year. She spent hours upon hours, lovingly caring for her plants and flowers, often sharing her roses with friends and family.

I was blessed to be able to purchase her home after she died, a little over two years ago. Since becoming a homeowner, there are little things here and there that I have done to make the home mine, new floors, paint, etc. But there are a few things I hope will always stay the same. One of them being Oma's garden. 


"If we had no winter,


if we did not sometimes taste of adversity,


the spring would not be so pleasant;


prosperity would not be so welcome." 


While you enjoy the prosperity of spring, make sure you take time to stop and smell the roses.



Photobucket

17 comments:

Jade @ Tasting Grace said...

Oh CUTE!! I can practically smell that red, red rose, just looking at that picture!

Bec said...

how neat to carry on your grandma's traditions!

http://www.theiheartblog.com

Kristen said...

Great pictures, I'd love to see a distance shot of the garden!

Jess said...

Ohmygoodness, of all the things of your Oma's to have. Her garden! You are so blessed.

Seriously, you cannot have all those wonderful things growing already!??? Wow.

Love the depth of field and the angle on your second shot.

Anonymous said...

I love the calla lily, just lovely.

Alita said...

The fourth shot (the calla lily) is elegant. Great pic! Oh and the last one of course.

My boys both call their grandma on my hubby's side Oma, too. I'm sorry about your loss.

Brooke said...

Beautiful post! And gorgeous flowers!

Colleen said...

So many pretty flowers. How nice that you were able to inherit such a beautiful garden.

Jen said...

What lovely flowers! Nice job!

Katie said...

That last red rose is amazing. It almost doesn't seem real to have such perfect color!

Mimi's Toes said...

Beautiful captures. I love how close he is to that rose and just taking it all in.

Unknown said...

That rose is gorgeous!!

And the calla lily. So pretty.

Stillmary said...

All really beautiful flower photos. The red in that rose is gorgeous and I love the detail in the shot just before the red rose. I think the white rose is also exceptional.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful ! My grandma's garden was beautiful but not like the flowers you captured.

juliannah said...

I love the last picture! Great post!

The Mommy said...

Lovely flowers!! I like all your shots:)

Stylist A said...

oh wow... those are definitely some great shots. I can definitely see one of those as your nature picture for Mono Monday. :) I love the story behind your garden.. Way cool that you now live in the house your grandma owned :) xoxo