Betty Crocker Wannabe has MOVED! I am now blogging solely at A Simply Klassic Home. I am still sharing printables, party ideas, and other inspiration. It's much more streamlined and clean. I hope you will stop by and say follow along there! I have lots of ideas for new printables coming this holiday season!!

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Amazing Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin - Two Meals in One

I love cooking meals that can do double time. This Pork Tenderloin recipe is not only amazing and tasty and wonderful, but you can keep the leftovers, and have a whole other meal!

Amazing Pork Tenderloin

Ingredients
2 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin
1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
1 cup water
3/4 cup apple juice
3 tablespoons minced garlic
3 tablespoons soy sauce
freshly ground black pepper to taste
 
Place pork tenderloin in a slow cooker with the contents of the soup packet. Pour water, juice, and soy sauce over the top, turning the pork to coat. Carefully spread garlic over the pork, leaving as much on top of the roast during cooking as possible. Sprinkle with pepper, cover, and cook on low setting for 4-5 hours. Serve with cooking liquid on the side as au jus.

Doesn't this look yummy??


I serve this with sticky rice and veggies. I cook twice the amount of sticky rice we need, and save the leftover rice and pork for later in the week.
 
A couple of days later, I took out the leftover rice and pork and threw it in a skillet with a little oil, some salt & pepper, onion & garlic powders, soy sauce and egg and voila! Pork Fried Rice!


I realize that it would look much prettier with some colorful veggies, but then my family wouldn't eat it and that would kind of defeat the purpose. So, I serve a salad on the side.

Two meals, one great recipe!

What do you do with your leftovers?

5 comments:

Stacie said...

I have made this pork tenderloin and it is sooo good. Wouldn't have thought to make fried rice with the leftovers, but that would be great.

Heather @ 3 kids and lots of pigs said...

This sounds like a yummy and easy pork recipe. Can't wait to try it. Thanks for sharing.

NorCalMom said...

Sounds great! Love the idea of pork fried rice.

I'm just Chris said...

Ooooo I'm putting pork tenderloin on the grocery list! hee hee

Rita's Recipes said...

This looks tasty. Have you ever done it with a boneless pork loin roast of about 2-1/2 lbs? I'm printing this out to try soon.
Thanks!
MAY DAYS