Betty Crocker Wannabe has MOVED! I am now blogging solely at A Simply Klassic Home. I am still sharing printables, party ideas, and other inspiration. It's much more streamlined and clean. I hope you will stop by and say follow along there! I have lots of ideas for new printables coming this holiday season!!

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

You Capture - Animals

I have been seriously neglecting one of my passions - photography. My boyfriend is a photographer, and we work together on his business. But when you start making money doing something you love, it's not always a good thing. The business side of it takes a lot of effort, and I haven't picked up my camera (ok, his camera) just to shoot for fun in quite a while. It's just not as fun when you have to work at it.

I have also gone from using my Canon Rebel DSLR to Rick's Canon 30D DSLR, since he now has a 40D and a 7D which are used for our business. We reserve the 30D for personal use. So, I am now under pressure to learn how to use it. I love photography, and really don't "want" to learn all the buttons and stuff, but it does make for a better photo. I'm also using an external flash.

Are you bored yet?

My plan (I always have a plan - doesn't mean I follow through with it, but at least I have a plan) is to start back up with the You Capture challenges at I Should Be Folding Laundry. I really enjoyed participating and checking out the creativity others would capture through the lens.

This week's topic was "animals."



 

I have a lot to learn when it comes to photography. I still love just taking pictures, but I'm excited to get to know what all those buttons mean too. Thankfully, I have an excellent teacher.

10 comments:

Kate said...

Hi Pk

I love the kitty and the birdie. Great shots,but you know I love your work!

xoxo
Kate

Anonymous said...

Stopping by from You Capture Linky. I love the hummingbird photo!

Muriel said...

Great shots, I love the cat's face in that first one!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I just love the hummingbird shot!

Jen said...

I love the shot of the cat! It looks so fluffy and sleepy, like it jsut woke up.

Brooke said...

These turned out awesome. The hummingbird...... AMAZING!!!!

Michelle said...

I make afghans from time-time and have been told I should sell them. I do not plan to sell them because it will be more like work then. I just love making them and giving them away.

I love your pictures. My fave is the cat.

Amber D said...

great job with the hummingbird.

C.G. Koens said...

Beautiful hummingbird!

Unknown said...

I had a Rebel before moving up to the 50D, the bigger cameras really are easier to use. I'm sure you'll get the hang of it. And Rick got a 7D oooh I'm jealous!