Betty Crocker Wannabe has MOVED! I am now blogging solely at A Simply Klassic Home. I am still sharing printables, party ideas, and other inspiration. It's much more streamlined and clean. I hope you will stop by and say follow along there! I have lots of ideas for new printables coming this holiday season!!

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Grandma-To-Be Party Planning

A good friend of mine is about to become a grandma for the first time. She has been an amazing grandma/mom figure to so many, including my son, and has helped me in more ways than I can count. Another friend and I decided that since she has done so much for us, and for our kids, that we should do something for her. Hence, the Grandma-To-Be Party!

Thing is, there's not a lot of party planning ideas for this kind of party out there in cyber space. It's a shame because I would have loved if someone had thrown a party like this for my mom. After all, the role of Grandma is second only to the role of parent, and should be celebrated!

I thought I'd share with you what we have come up with so far...

The Theme: "To Grandmother's House We Go..." (Little Red Riding Hood)

Decor: red & white gingham with touches of aqua and a little bit of burlap, Greens and twigs in vases

The Invitation (designed by me):
I'm also designing cupcake toppers, banners and more.

The Food: Lots of baked goods (pies, cookies, cupcakes). My co-host is starting a cake/cupcake business, so we'll be set! Other goodies will include sandwiches, fruit and salads.

Party Favors: Little baskets with chocolates or homemade cookies like this:


I'll share more of the details as the party gets closer.

So what do you think? Do you have any other ideas?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will you be my own personal party planner???

Kate said...

Great stuff PK!!!

I love the invites!!

xo

Rachel said...

You are so creative! I love the invitation and "goodies" basket!! I can't wait to see more pictures of what you have planned!

:)
Rach

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

This is really creative & adorable, Kristin. Love the color theme, and that invitation is so cute. Such a thoughtful idea.

Dawn Lopez said...

Wow! That is super cute stuff! =}

Angela Livingston said...

OMG That is so cute! And you have so many great ideas. I'm really impressed. Following from Friend Finding Friday.

Angela
http://hotmomtips.blogspot.com

NorCalMom said...

What a wonderful idea! I love the card and party favors. You are very creative.

Stylist A said...

What a great Idea!!!! Thanks for sharing and linking up to FFF. Hope you are having a great weekend.

xo, Alysha

p.s. Lana said something about us getting together... I hope we can. I would love to finally meet you girls face to face :)

Krysten said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Krysten said...

I love this idea!!

Thanks for sharing!

Best,
Krysten

http://www.clickableparty.blogspot.com