Betty Crocker Wannabe has MOVED! I am now blogging solely at A Simply Klassic Home. I am still sharing printables, party ideas, and other inspiration. It's much more streamlined and clean. I hope you will stop by and say follow along there! I have lots of ideas for new printables coming this holiday season!!

Monday, October 4, 2010

Winnie the Pooh Life Lesson No. 2


"And by and by Christopher Robin came to an end of things, and was silent, and he sat there, looking out over the world, just wishing it wouldn't stop."
-A. A. Milne

The Winnie the Pooh series by A. A. Milne is such an amazing collection of life lessons that are relatable to people of all ages. This particular quote talks of change, of moving on, of growing up. Christopher Robin had Pooh as a child, and when he gew up and went off to school, he outgrew Pooh.

When I watched my son walk off to preschool for the first time, I couldn't believe it was really THAT time. That he had grown up to be a strong, independent, tender, loving three year old. Time just seems to go by faster when you have children.


Sometimes, I wish he was still the sweet little infant I used to rock to sleep with "Baby Mine." But now he sings it to me.


Sometimes I wish I could have held him just a little bit longer. But those grip your neck, knock you down hugs sure are pretty sweet.

Sometimes I wish it was easier, because that independent three year old can sure push my buttons. But he can sure make my heart swell too.


Sometimes I long for the spontaneous trips I used to take. But then I remember, that for the last three years, home is my favorite place to be.


Change is a part of life. It's almost always hard. But sometimes, change is good.

3 comments:

Penelope said...

What great sentiments! I couldn't agree more. I love the changes in my life since Stinkpot! (State fair this weekend - woo hoo!

Rachel said...

That is so awesome girl! He is such a cutie!!

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, it's been insane at work. Hope you have a great day!

:)
Rach

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

Very nice and very much where I am at with my three year old right now. She has really been pushing my buttons lately. They can be so frustrating but SO cute five seconds later. I keep trying to remind myself that I need to slow down and take it all in (the good and the bad) before she's too old for hugs and kisses and snuggles.