Betty Crocker Wannabe has MOVED! I am now blogging solely at A Simply Klassic Home. I am still sharing printables, party ideas, and other inspiration. It's much more streamlined and clean. I hope you will stop by and say follow along there! I have lots of ideas for new printables coming this holiday season!!

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Looking For the Great Pumpkin

My favorite thing about this time of year is visiting the pumpkin patch. I think it has to do with one of my favorite movies of all time "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown." One of my earliest memories is of watching it when I was little. I tried to get Cooper to sit and watch it with me, but ten minutes in and that was it. I guess Linus and Sally aren't as exciting as Shrek and Fiona.

Last week Cooper's preschool class went to a local Pumpkin Patch. What I love about this patch is that it's completely run by a local high school and is located on their campus. We got to go out into the patch and pick our own pumpkin for just three dollars, no matter the size or type. Very cool.

Here's my boy with his very own pumpkin.

 

They also had some livestock. Cooper made friends with a goat.


I mentioned you could choose a pumpkin of any size AND type. This is what I was talking about:


I tried to talk him into one of those, but he preferred this one. I guess it fits better in his lap anyway.


Hope you enjoyed our trip to the pumpkin patch as much as we did. We're carving pumpkins on Thursday evening, so come back on Friday and see how they turned out!

(Make sure to visit Supermom and I Should Be Folding Laundry for more great photos. )

12 comments:

Adriana said...

How fun, great pictures! I wanted a fairytale pumpkin too, but JD went with the one he could carry!

Life Is A SandCastle said...

Still hunting a pumpkin patch here, those are great photos.

Veronica said...

What a wonderful visit to the pumpkin patch, you can't beat that price!

My son picked out a small pumpkin too, just his size :)

Happy WW!

Marni's Organized Mess said...

Perfect. The title, the pictures, your boy, and the pumpkin. <3

Come check out my hubby and I all dolled up for a Halloween party!
http://marnisorganizedmess.blogspot.com/2010/10/wordless-wednesday-68-dolled-up-for.html

Kelli said...

fun fun...great shots, the last one is my favorite =) Great perspective!!

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

That last photo is my favorite... it's perfect. We went on a hayride to a pumpkin patch this year. The girls loved it. Love those family traditions.

Sandra said...

I think the pumpkin is cute and little just like him!

Jen said...

Aww, so cute! The pumpkin is the perfect size for him!

Brooke said...

SO CUTE! I can't wait to see your masterpiece :D

Rachel said...

I can't wait to see how the pumpkins turn out! Such fun!!

:)
Rach

Michelle said...

What fun!
Cute pictures.

Angie Ochoa said...

I love photos like these. We took our little ones (and big one) to the pumpkin patch too, but we got a little pumpkin on purpose (because the LITTLE ones were $5 each!). :-)