Betty Crocker Wannabe has MOVED! I am now blogging solely at A Simply Klassic Home. I am still sharing printables, party ideas, and other inspiration. It's much more streamlined and clean. I hope you will stop by and say follow along there! I have lots of ideas for new printables coming this holiday season!!

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Meal Planning Week of Oct 17

I really need to get back on track with my menu planning. I've found it to be easier when I use a basic plan, rather than try to stick to a meal set for each day. I put together a list of meals based on what I have on hand that can be served anytime during the week, depending on how much energy I have!

I must point out that I have no oven. I do not know when I will have an oven, as the part that is needed is on backorder.

AND my microwave cooker is cracked. I won't have a new one for at least two weeks.

AND the starter on my BBQ won't ignite so "someone else" has to start it with a lighter. Not me 'cause fire freaks me out.

AND we are trying to reduce the amount of times we eat out, especially fast food. Gah!

So, I have had to be a little more creative and employ stovetop and crockpot cooking a little more than usual. Eventually, I would like to do that whole 30 meals/1 day thing, but right now it just ain't happenin'!

Here's this week's menu:
1. Grilled Lemon Garlic Pork Tenderloin, Mashed Potatoes, Veggies (Take note: Even the picky princess likes this meal!)
2. Skillet Herbed Chicken with Pan Gravy, Rice, Veggies
3. Grilled Asian Style Chicken , Pineapple and Mandarin Oranges, Salad
4. Crockpot Tri Tip Strogonoff
5. Beef Stew
6. Chicken Fried Rice

Day 7 will be leftovers.

So this is my plan for the week. What's on your menu?

2 comments:

NorCalMom said...

WOW! I was once without an oven for about 10 days, not fun. I ended up using the toaster oven and crock pot, a lot.

Looks like a great menu for this week, especially given the limitations.

Here is my menu for this week. I am including your Pork Tenderloin recipe on Sunday. :)
http://norcalmom-lemonstolemonade.blogspot.com/2010/10/meal-plan-1018.html

anu said...

Chicken Fried Rice is easy and fast to cook.