Betty Crocker Wannabe has MOVED! I am now blogging solely at A Simply Klassic Home. I am still sharing printables, party ideas, and other inspiration. It's much more streamlined and clean. I hope you will stop by and say follow along there! I have lots of ideas for new printables coming this holiday season!!

Monday, October 25, 2010

Super Simple Frozen Breakfast Burritos

I love breakfast, and I believe in eating a good breakfast as a way to start your day right, but just don't have the time during the week to cook a meal in the morning. I'd like to, but with a three year old to get ready, most days it just doesn't happen. And picking up a coffee and a pastry at Starbucks was getting costly. I don't know about you, but $7 for a muffin and a latte is a bit extreme! It's time to start cutting back, and I decided eating out (or rather, NOT) would be the easiest place to start.

I got the idea from Mom's Plans to make Breakfast Burritos and freeze them, to use throughout the week. I thought it would be great to grab and go when there's no time to cook breakfast, as I'm tiring of the ritual cereal and toast. I figured it would be easy to just cook extra eggs and meat on the weekend, fold them into a tortilla and freeze them. Well, guess what - it was!!

Super Simple Frozen Breakfast Burritos
To make 16 Burritos:
1 dozen eggs
1 package bulk Sausage or Bacon (cooked and diced or crumbled)
16 Flour Tortillas (I use the soft taco size)

Optional Add-Ons
Shredded Cheese
Onions
Green Peppers
Salsa
Beans
Potatoes

Crumble or dice your meat, then cook in a large skillet. Remove to a paper towel lined plate to drain. Leave a small amount of the grease in the pan and cook your veggies (add a little bit of Olive Oil if needed) and cook until tender. Add your meat, egg mixture, and shredded cheese to the cooked veggies.Cook until eggs are done.

Warm some flour tortillas in the microwave for 30 seconds to a minute so they are easier to work with. Place a small amount of your egg mixture, add salsa and top with cheese.


Fold sides of the tortillas in and roll to make your burrito.




Wrap each burrito tightly with foil, place in a Ziploc bag and freeze! When you're ready to eat, just wrap one in a paper towel, microwave on defrost for 2 minutes, then on full power for 30 seconds. Super simple!

I did this on a whim last weekend, so I didn't add many of the optional things I listed above. I used what I had on hand - eggs, cheese, sausage, onion and salsa. And the best part ~ each burrito costs about $0.65!

Where are you cutting back these days?

6 comments:

Jenn said...

Yummy! We did this not long ago too! Big hit with our family!

Kate said...

What a terrific idea PK I love it, hmmm a must for me to do this week. Great post for us busy gals.

xo
Kate

Kelli said...

so simple...so yummy =) thanks for sharing!

I'm just Chris said...

This is a great idea. It's something I can make on the weekends for the kids in the morning before school. It's nice to send them out the door (especially in the winter) with something warm in their bellies =) Thanks for the idea!

Courtney @ {not so homemade} said...

Thanks for linking up to last week's What's Cooking Wednesday!

Your recipe was featured today! Feel free to grab a featured button from my blog :)

Be sure to stop by and link up some more great recipes!

http://notsohomemade.blogspot.com/2010/11/from-scratch-pumpkin-pie-1110-whats.html

AjayKM said...

What do you want chicken wing recipe on breaffast.